When making a booking, your contract is with MBB. Tropical Destinations Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as MBB), and is deemed to have been made at its office, whose address is at Pointe aux Biches, Trou aux Biches Coastal Road, Trou aux Biches.
Cancellation of Booking
The client may cancel his booking at any time. In the event of cancellation after the booking has been confirmed.
The following cancellation charges are payable:
- a) 56 days or more prior to departure = loss of the non-refundable deposit
b) 0-55 days = loss of that deposit plus 100% of balance
- Cancellation must be in writing, and signed by the leader the group who signed the booking form and it will be acknowledge by MBB..
- MBB reserves the right, after the date of payment of the balance on the price becomes due, to cancel any rental reservation whenever circumstances beyond its control amounting to force majeure render such cancellation unavoidable or, without prejudice to MBB’s other rights, if the client defaults in payment of the balance due.
- In case MBB cancels the booking, it will inform the clients as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- We strongly recommend that travel insurance is taken to cover the risk of cancellation charges,
- The accommodation provided by MBB is for the exclusive use of clients shown on the booking form or other confirmation email. Sub-letting, sharing or assignment is strictly prohibited.
- Although check-in time of most private accommodation is 14h00 and check-out time is 10h00, MBB will endeavour to provide the accommodation earlier in the case of earlier flight arrivals and later in case of late departing flights, but this cannot be guaranteed. However, should clients wish to have guaranteed earlier check-in or late check-out, then 50% of the nightly rate will be charged. Co-operation of residents in complying to the above would be greatly appreciated.
The client undertakes to behave in an orderly and respectable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other clients or in any way harm the reputation of MBB. He is also responsible for the behavior of any visitor to the villa during the rental period. In case of any unacceptable behavior, unacceptable noise levels or general misconduct, MBB reserves the right to ask clients to leave the premises or to take action against them under the Mauritian law.
All breakages and loss or damage to property will be charged to clients and must be paid before vacating any rented private property. Please note that in a few properties clients will be required upon arrival to complete a check-in form, and an imprint of their credit card will be taken to serve as a guarantee against any breakages, or loss to property.
- MBB agrees to use all reasonable effort to provide the booked accommodation as described in the electronic brochure, but will not be responsible if, having used all reasonable attempt and care, it is unable to do so.
- MBB accepts no liability (except where MBB is proved not to have used due diligence) for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by any client in connection with any mode of transport in any way arising out of the holiday.
- All baggage and personal possessions remain at all times and in all circumstances at the owner’s risk except where MBB has proved not to have used due diligence.
- Whilst MBB uses due diligence in its efforts to ensure that all descriptions of, or any information in relation to, accommodation supplied to clients are accurate, it shall not be liable in the event that an aspect of the accommodation fails to comply with any description of information even if the client specifically relied on that particular aspect in choosing or booking that accommodation, provided MBB has used due diligence.
- MBB shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising in connection with the accommodation caused by any matter outside the reasonable control of MBB including (but not limited to) Acts of God, war, civil disturbance, strikes or other industrial action, acts of government, failure of public services (e.g. water and electricity), failure of mechanical equipment such as boilers, air-conditioning units etc although MBB will use due diligence to remedy such failures.
The minibus or taxi service that is recommended by MBB to ensure airport transfers at the request of clients operates as an independent service. Any client travelling in any such vehicle or taxi recommended by MBB does so at his or her own risk.